Edgewood Community Council, P.O. Box 1182, Edgewood, MD 21040
The objectives goals of the Edgewood Community Council are:
- Strengthen community identity and reinforce the importance of established community focal points.
- Create a process for meaningful public participation and education so that citizens have a voice and role in advising the administration on community needs and issues.
- Foster new alliances and coalitions by involving diverse elements of the community in a broad spectrum of community issues.
- Improve the quality of neighborhoods by identifying and addressing specific needs and problems in areas such as safety, neighborhood revitalization, traffic, and recreation.
The following committees and Sub-Committees have been established to achieve the objectives of the Council. These committees and/or sub-committees plan, develop and coordinate activities and/or programs that will accomplish the goals and achieve the objectives of our community.
- Safe and Secure Neighborhood Committee
- Ministerial Alliance Committee
- Historical/Cultural Committee
- Education Committee
- Business Development Committee
- Property and Land Use Sub-Committee
- Neighborhood Youth Sub-Committee
- Senior (elderly) Issues Sub-committee
- Special Events Sub-Committee (i.e. Independence Day Celebration)
- Laws and Legislative Action(s) Sub-Committee
- HOA and Apartment Managers Sub-Committee
- Voter Registration Sub-Committee
- Serve-Fest/Grime Abatement Campaign
The ECC needs your help. Anyone interested in joining the Edgewood Community Council or participating in the efforts of any of the Committees and/or Sub-committees should contact:
Harford County Office of Government and Community Relations
Phone: 410-638-3355 | Fax: 410-838-4284
Chairman, Edgewood Community Council
Phone: 410-676-1589 (h) | Phone: (410) 258-4552 (cell)
Please join in the monthly Edgewood Community Council meetings! Meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Harford County Sheriff, Southern Precinct building at 1305 Pulaski Highway, Edgewood, MD 21040 (click here for map).
Bring your ideas, suggestions and a friend!